Sermons / Escaping the Struggle
How to Escape Entitlement
In this message, Pastor John reveals that the struggle of entitlement goes much deeper than just thinking we deserve something. Check out the message to find out how you can overcome an entitlement mindset in your life!
April 25, 2021 | John Hill
Current Events | Discipline | Humility | Politics
Escaping the Struggle
“How to Escape Entitlement”
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- What does the scale of your life look like in regards to rights and responsibilities?
- Where in your life have you stood up for your rights and it didn’t bring satisfaction? Share example.
- Where in your life is God calling you to take responsibility? What would that look like in your everyday life?
- How did Jesus take responsibility for you? Give specific examples if possible.
Pray it Out
God give me the ability to choose to take responsibility the same way that you modeled for me by sending Jesus to die on the cross, amen!
- “’When the ten other disciples heard what James and John had asked, they were indignant. 25 But Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. 26 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. 28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”’ Matthew 20:24-28
- “If someone slaps you on the right cheek, offer the other cheek also. 40 If you are sued in court and your shirt is taken from you, give your coat, too. 41 If a soldier demands that you carry his gear for a mile, carry it two miles.” Matthew 5:39b-41
More Sermons In This Series
Other Related Content
Based on: Current Events | Discipline | Humility | Politics