Escaping the Struggle
“How to Overcome Despair”
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- What does cultivating a steadfast faith look like? Am I doing it? Why/why not?
- What is the end of the story of this life? Do I live a life that I won’t regret at the end of this story?
- What idols do I struggle with in my life?
- What does the garment of Christ look like in my life?
Pray it Out
Jesus, thank you for giving me hope that surpasses despair. Help me to take hope to remember the end of the story! You are so good! Amen.
- “’The high priest has the highest rank of all the priests. The anointing oil has been poured on his head, and he has been ordained to wear the priestly garments. He must never leave his hair uncombed or tear his clothing.” Leviticus 21:10
- “He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father…” Revelations 1:6a
- “For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes.” Galatians 3:26-27
- “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- “But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Corinthians 15:57
- “We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. 9 We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 10 Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.” 2 Corinthians 4:8-10
More Messages In This Series