How to Defeat Envy
In this message, Pastor John Hill describes how envy can overrun our lives; while giving us useful applications on how we can defeat envy in our lives and in the lives of our children!
Escaping the Struggle
“How to Defeat Envy”
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- What gardens in your life do you need to say “not my garden“ to?
- Spend a few moments describing your “garden”. What did God create you to thrive in and be best at?
- What specific things in your “garden“ do you need to spend time cultivating?
- What parts of your “garden” do you need to invite God to be a part of?
Pray it Out
God, thank you for allowing me to have what I do, and please help me to reject envy in my life and to cultivate the specific talents and gifts You’ve blessed me with. Amen.
- “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
- “The LORD God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. 16 But the LORD God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden— 17 except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”’ Genesis 2:15-17
- “The serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals the LORD God had made. One day he asked the woman, “Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?” 2 “Of course we may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,” the woman replied. 3 “It’s only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, ‘You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die.’” 4 “You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman. 5 “God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.”’ Genesis 3:1-5
- “Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands.” Psalm 127:4
More Messages In This Series