How To Deal With Trolls
Trolls are everywhere, and here’s a secret, everyone is a troll! Check out this message from Pastor John where he gives us applicable ways to recognize and combat the trolls within us and around us.
July 5, 2020 | John Hill
Trolling for Hope
“We’re All Trolls”
- “Then the Pharisees met together to plot how to trap Jesus into saying something for which he could be arrested. 16 They sent some of their disciples, along with the supporters of Herod, to meet with him. “Teacher,” they said, “we know how honest you are. You teach the way of God truthfully. You are impartial and don’t play favorites. 17 Now tell us what you think about this: Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?” But Jesus knew their evil motives. “You hypocrites!” he said. “Why are you trying to trap me?” Here, show me the coin used for the tax.” When they handed him a Roman coin, 20 he asked, “Whose picture and title are stamped on it?” 21 “Caesar’s,” they replied. “Well, then,” he said, “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.” 22 His reply amazed them, and they went away. That same day Jesus was approached by some Sadducees—religious leaders who say there is no resurrection from the dead. They posed this question:” Matthew 22:15-23
- “Jesus replied, “Your mistake is that you don’t know the Scriptures, and you don’t know the power of God….”’ Matthew 22:29
- “When the crowds heard him, they were astounded at his teaching.” Matthew 22:33
- “For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. 24 Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.” Romans 3:23-24
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- God, where have I sinned against your children by trolling? With anger?
- God, who are you calling me to love? And how?
- Who is one person with very different views that I am praying for and in relationship with, that I am pointing to Jesus?
Pray it Out
You always give me grace and knowledge when I need it. Thank you for equipping me, please fill me with love for those who believe, think, or act in a way I don’t understand. Amen!