Sermon Discussion Questions
Trolling for Hope
“How To Not Be a Troll”
- “Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way. 3 We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. 4 And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong. 5 In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches.” James 3:2-5
- “Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. 24 Avoid all perverse talk; stay away from corrupt speech.” Proverbs 4:23-24
- “…For whatever is in your heart determines what you say.” Matthew 12:34b
- “When the Lord saw her, his heart overflowed with compassion. “Don’t cry!” he said.” Luke 7:13
- “And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him…” Luke 9:47
- “Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. 20 Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires.” James 1:19-20
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Are some of your blades bent?
- Are you missing a blade?
- What do you need to do to fix it?
Pray it Out
Jesus, thank you for making a way so that I can know you! Please fix my heart, give me balance, and guide my words so that they may be pleasing and honest to you, amen.