In this message, Pastor John shows us that it isn’t about what we are doing, it’s about who we are throughout all the things that we do. Check it out now!
July 19, 2020 | John Hill
Trolling for Hope
- “’Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?” 37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ ’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. ‘ 40 The entire lawand all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:36-40
- “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” John 13:34-35
- “So when the Ishmaelites, who were Midianite traders, came by, Joseph’s brothers pulled him out of the cistern and sold him to them for twenty pieces of silver. And the traders took him to Egypt.” Genesis 38:28
- “The LORD was with Joseph, so he succeeded in everything he did as he served in the home of his Egyptian master.” Genesis 39:2
- “So he took Joseph and threw him into the prison where the king’s prisoners were held, and there he remained. 21 But the LORD was with Joseph in the prison…” Genesis 39:20-21
- “‘But don’t begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first calculating the cost to see if there is enough money to finish it?’” Luke 14:28
- “The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.” 2 Chronicles 16:9
- “Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.” Ephesians 4:1
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- On a scale from 1-10 how easy is it for you to be consistent in your love for God? In your love for people? Why?
- A calling is not about what you do, it’s about who you are: What in your life needs to change for you to become the ‘who’ God is calling you to be?
- We have to choose to be faithful to God in every stage of our lives. Are you being faithful to God in this stage of your life? If no, what would need to change in order for you to continue to be faithful to Him?
Pray it Out
God please give me faith! I am choosing to be faithful! Help me to love you better and to love others better, amen.