Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- In the story of the criminal on the cross, how does the criminal’s words and Jesus’ response provide a clear foundation for Christian faith?
- What are the 5 criteria you would use to discern whether a church is real and godly? Do you personally believe in these 5 criteria? (Fearing God, recognizing our sin, repenting, acknowledging Jesus’ sinless life, and asking Jesus for forgiveness)
- The church’s purpose is making disciples of Jesus. Are there things in your life that take more of a priority? How can you keep making disciples the main thing in your life?
- Why do you think it is so important to keep a balance between grace and works within the context of church? What happens when we replace God’s grace with mere human effort?
- What are some ways you can take more ownership of your church, contribute to making disciples, and actively participate in building God’s kingdom this week?