Why Does Church Feel So Yucky
Sometimes, church doesn’t feel very good. The connections seem empty, the messages don’t quite seem to apply, and everything is just a little stale… but why does this happen and what can you do right now to bring life to your church and to a community of believers!? Check out the final week of this series from Pastor John Hill!
August 27, 2023 | Pastor John Hill
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Can you think of any examples in your life where you’ve fallen into the trap of acting like you earned a gift that was free? How does this mindset affect your attitude towards the gift and your interactions with others?
- The analogy of lottery winners who fail to manage their winnings is used to illustrate the idea of not taking care of the gift of grace. How might this apply to our spiritual lives? In what ways could Christians neglect or misuse the gifts they’ve received from God?
- As Christians, it can be hard to share the gift of grace with others. Have you ever encountered situations where you felt reluctant to share your faith or the blessings you’ve received?
- Many people believe in God but struggle with fully engaging in their faith or sharing it with others. Why do you think this is a common experience? How can we move beyond a passive belief to an active and transformative relationship with God?
- How are you doing taking care of the gift of grace in your life? Of the 3 things talked about, which one do you struggle with the most? (Acting like you earned it, not sharing it, and/or not investing it)