Enneagram Types 2 + 3 + 4
Check out the third message in our Enneagram series, “Finding You!” Pastor John teaches us the core sins of Enneagram types 2, 3, and 4, and then shows us how we can best love and lead each of these unique personalities!
January 19, 2020 | John Hill
Enneagram Types 2 + 3 + 4
- “But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it.” 1 Corinthians 12:18
- “But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.’” Luke 10:40
- “Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.” Romans 12:11
- “Someone came to Jesus with this question: “Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?” “… if you want to receive eternal life, keep the commandments.” 18 “…‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. 19 Honor your father and mother. Love your neighbor as yourself.’” “I’ve obeyed all these commandments,” the young man replied. “What else must I do?” Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” 22 But when the young man heard this, he went away sad, for he had many possessions.” Matthew 19: 16-22
- “So Samuel brought all the tribes of Israel before the LORD, and the tribe of Benjamin was chosen by lot. 21 Then he brought each family of the tribe of Benjamin before the LORD, and the family of the Matrites was chosen. And finally Saul son of Kish was chosen from among them. But when they looked for him, he had disappeared! 22 So they asked the LORD, “Where is he?” And the LORD replied, “He is hiding among the baggage.” So they found him and brought him out, and he stood head and shoulders above anyone else.” 1 Samuel 10: 20-22
- “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.” John 13:34
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- What number so far do I most relate to?
- How am I overcoming my core sin?
- How can I be loved better, and how can I love you better?
- What is one way I could serve Jesus better in light of who God made me to be?
Pray it Out
Jesus, thank you for making me special and unique! Please help me to reflect honestly on who you made me to be, and to confidently step into that role and reality. You are so great, and your plan for my life is amazing! Amen.