Sermon Discussion Questions
- “18 But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it. 19 How strange a body would be if it had only one part! 20 Yes, there are many parts, but only one body. 21 The eye can never say to the hand, “I don’t need you.” The head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you.” 22 In fact, some parts of the body that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary. 23 And the parts we regard as less honorable are those we clothe with the greatest care. So we carefully protect those parts that should not be seen, 24 while the more honorable parts do not require this special care. So God has put the body together such that extra honor and care are given to those parts that have less dignity. 25 This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. 26 If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad.” 1 Corinthians 12:18-26
- “34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” John 13:34-35
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Do you think God’s body (the Church) is working well? Why or why not?
- Do you know your specific roll, calling, and temperament for God’s mission in your life?
- In what ways have you struggled with envy regarding other Christians?
- How can you bring healing to other parts of the body rather than tripping it up?
Pray it out
Jesus, please help me to love and accept my part in the body! I know You have made me to fulfill a specific purpose, please help me to find joy and contentment in Your plan. I trust You, amen.