Enneagram Types 5 + 6 + 7
This is the fourth message in our Enneagram sermon series, “Finding You!” In this Enneagram sermon, Pastor John teaches us about three unique Enneagram personality types; type 5, type 6, and type 7. He then shows us how to love each of these Enneagram types in their own way! Check it out!
First Church Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/frcod/
First Church Twitter – https://twitter.com/_firstchurch
First Church Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/firstchurchdemotte/
January 26, 2020 | John Hill
“Enneagram Types 5 + 6 + 7”
- “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.” John 13:34
- “There was a man named Nicodemus, a Jewish religious leader who was a Pharisee. 2 After dark one evening, he came to speak with Jesus. “Rabbi,” he said, “we all know that God has sent you to teach us. Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you.” 3 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.” 4 “What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?” John 3:1-4
- “When the disciples saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried out, “It’s a ghost!” 27 But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!” 28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.” 29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted.” Matthew 14:26-30
- ‘“Have you seen the giant?” the men asked. “He comes out each day to defy Israel. The king has offered a huge reward to anyone who kills him. He will give that man one of his daughters for a wife, and the man’s entire family will be exempted from paying taxes!” 26 David asked the soldiers standing nearby, “What will a man get for killing this Philistine and ending his defiance of Israel? Who is this pagan Philistine anyway, that he is allowed to defy the armies of the living God?”’ 1 Samuel 17:25-26
- “And David danced before the LORD with all his might, wearing a priestly garment. 15 So David and all the people of Israel brought up the Ark of the LORD with shouts of joy and the blowing of rams’ horns.” 2 Samuel 6:14-15
- “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.” Psalm 16:11
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- How can I love the Thinking triad better?
- Are we living like God is real?
- How does God being real change my actions towards other people—even my enemies—today?
Pray it Out
Jesus, please help me to love others and reflect you! You are so good and you have created me so uniquely; help me to love others uniquely and live in the unique roll you have given me! Amen.