“How to Love”
- “Yes, there are many parts, but only one body. 21 The eye can never say to the hand, “I don’t need you.” The head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you.”’ 1 Corinthians 12:20-21
- “There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. 6 God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.” 1 Corinthians 12:5-6
- “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. 44 But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:43-45
- “If another believer sins against you, go privately and point out the offense. If the other person listens and confesses it, you have won that person back.” Matthew 18:15
- “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!” Galatians 5:22-23
- “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” John 13:34-35
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- What is one relationship you are in that needs healing?
- What is your role in the hurt?
- How can you practice RICE (Read, Intercede, Confront, Encourage) in that area this week?
- In light of who you both are, what specific things can you do to make healing more likely this week?
Pray it Out
Jesus, You gave me unique abilities that reflect who You are, help me to apply what I have learned so that I can continually honor and glorify You in my life. Thank You for giving me love, help me to love others well, amen.