Stop Lying To Yourself
One of the most common red flags we can see in other people is their ability to lie to themselves. Chances are though, you do this too. It’s not all bad though, because God, through the Bible, clearly gives us a way to make wise choices and see reality! Check out this message from Pastor John Hill to learn more.
April 30, 2023 | Pastor John Hill
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- What are some of the things the salesman inside of your head has convinced you to do that are foolish?
- How does self-deception hide our real motives? Can you give an example?
- Do you agree that sometimes we deceive ourselves with good intentions? Why or why not?
- King David hid his selfish motives behind a veil of moral good. Talk about a time you have done that.
- Which of the steps of W.I.S.E are easiest for you and which are the hardest? i.e. Wait a minute, Interact with Godly people, Seek God, Envision
- Challenge:: Ask a Godly person this week, “What do you see about me that I don’t see?”