Recovering From Failure
We can’t escape failure or the pain that our sin causes us and others, but we can recover from it and look to God to redeem us! Pastor John Hill tells the story of the life of Joseph and God’s redemption of his story and his past hurts. You don’t want to miss out on the encouragement and the hope that this message brings!
September 17, 2023 | Pastor John Hill
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Reflect on the process outlined in the message (Repent, Confess, apologize, ask for forgiveness, make amends). Have you ever experienced or witnessed such a process in your own life or the lives of others? How well did it work?
- In the story of the damaged Picasso painting, what message does it convey about restoration and redemption? How might this story relate to personal failures and the possibility of restoration in our own lives?
- God can turn our mistakes into miracles and use our failures for good purposes. Can you share any personal experiences or examples where you’ve witnessed this in your life or the lives of others?
- How does the message of forgiveness and restoration resonate with your own beliefs and experiences? Do you find it comforting or challenging? Why?
- Have you ever felt that you were too far gone or that your failures were irreparable? How does the message challenge or change that perspective?