“How to Achieve Reconciliation”
- “The LORD gave this message to Jonah son of Amittai: 2 “Get up and go to the great city of Nineveh. Announce my judgment against it because I have seen how wicked its people are.” 3 But Jonah got up and went in the opposite direction to get away from the LORD.” Jonah 1:1-3
- “On the day Jonah entered the city, he shouted to the crowds: “Forty days from now Nineveh will be destroyed!”’ Jonah 3:4
- “When God saw what they had done and how they had put a stop to their evil ways, he changed his mind and did not carry out the destruction he had threatened. 4:1 This change of plans greatly upset Jonah, and he became very angry. 2 So he complained to the LORD about it: “Didn’t I say before I left home that you would do this, LORD? That is why I ran away to Tarshish! I knew that you are a merciful and compassionate God, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. You are eager to turn back from destroying people.” Jonah 3:10-4:1-2
- “It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.” 1 Corinthians 13:6
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Who is someone in your life you can pursue reconciliation with?
- Who is someone in the greater world you have anger and hatred for?
- Stop looking for truth in your newsfeed.
Pray it Out
God you are so good, thank you for being abounding in love and grace and mercy. Help me to adopt your spirit of continual and relentless forgiveness of others, and to immediately release any bitterness, amen.