The Blame Game
What ruins relationships? The answer might seem obvious to you, maybe you think it’s fighting, lying, or gossip. At the core though of almost every wrong relationship is one thing: blame. Find out what God teaches about restoring your relationships so that you can experience intimacy and joy with the people closest to you!
November 5, 2023 | Pastor John Hill
- In your closest relationships where there is dysfunction what percent of the problem is your fault and what percent is their fault?
- How much control do you have over your fault vs. how much control do you have over their fault?
- How much of your emotional effort do you invest in fixing the part you have control over? (Hint, it should be near 100% percent)
- Think of a recent conflict. Did you find it easy or challenging to own your role? Why or why not?
- How has blame played a role in damaging your relationships?
- For you, what is the most difficult aspect of owning your role in conflict?
- Talk about a time that receiving God’s forgiveness impacted your capacity to give grace to others during conflict.
- Talk about any unresolved conflict in your life right now? What can you do to begin to repair the relationship?
More Messages In This Series