HOW TO BE STEADFAST
In this message, Pastor John reveals the two tools that God equips us with to be steadfast.
“Can We Trust the Bible?”: https://first.church/series/can-we-trust-the-bible/
The Bible Project: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVpri7vfPPtKUOaqAAjEtZR4C-bO5Y_XQ
YouVersion Bible App: https://www.youversion.com/the-bible-app/
Live it Out
A Trip Around the Sun
“How to be Steadfast”
- “But Daniel was determined not to defile himself by eating the food and wine given to them by the king. He asked the chief of staff for permission not to eat these unacceptable foods.” Daniel 1:8
- “Then Daniel went home and told his friends Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah what had happened. 18 He urged them to ask the God of heaven to show them his mercy by telling them the secret, so they would not be executed along with the other wise men of Babylon.” Daniel 2:17-18
- “Upon hearing this, Daniel (also known as Belteshazzar) was overcome for a time, frightened by the meaning of the dream.” Daniel 4:19
- “Daniel answered the king, “Keep your gifts or give them to someone else, but I will tell you what the writing means.”’ Daniel 5:17
- “But when Daniel learned that the law had been signed, he went home and knelt down as usual in his upstairs room, with its windows open toward Jerusalem. He prayed three times a day, just as he had always done, giving thanks to his God.” Daniel 6:10
- “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 15:58
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Do you use the Bible and the Holy Spirit in balance?
- In what ways do you need to begin trusting the Holy Spirit and the Bible?
- How can use these tools to become steadfast?
Pray it Out
God, you continue to give me exactly what I need. Thank you for giving me the Bible and the Holy Spirit, help me to use these gifts wisely and to honor you continually, amen.
More Sermons In This Series