“Father’s Day: 3 Callings of a Father ”
- “After a very hard delivery, the midwife finally exclaimed, “Don’t be afraid—you have another son!” 18 Rachel was about to die, but with her last breath she named the baby Ben-oni (which means “son of my sorrow”). The baby’s father, however, called him Benjamin (which means “son of my right hand”).” Genesis 35: 17-18
- “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18
- “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children…” Proverbs 13:22
- “By the sweat of your brow will you have food to eat until you return to the ground from which you were made. For you were made from dust, and to dust you will return.” Genesis 3:19
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Dads: Ask your family, “What is our vision?”
- Kids: Calculate the cost of dinner and then calculate how long dad and mom worked to pay for it; thank them for it.
- Dads: How are you giving your kids courage to move forward from failure?
Pray it Out
God, thank you for being the best Father! Please equip me to lead and to be the example to my family and those around me well, amen.