130 Years: First Church Anniversary
In 1893, ten Dutch immigrant families started First Church, and over the last 130 years we have seen God’s faithfulness as we have strived to reach generation after generation to become followers of Jesus! This message celebrates the legacy of those who have come before us, but casts a vision for how to follow Jesus and reach the generations that are yet to come!
January 29, 2023 | Pastor John Hill
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- What inspires you the most about the generations of Christians that came before us?
- What do your shoes of faith look like? i.e. brand new, slightly worn, or falling apart?
- Of the 4 ways we follow Jesus, which is the hardest for you to want to do and why? i.e. getting messy, being interrupted, dealing hope, or balancing truth and grace.
- What does putting on the shoes of faith and wholehearted running look like in your life?
- Are you running the race to win? Why or why not?