Sermon Discussion Questions
“Who is Jesus?”
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- How would you describe Jesus (i.e. kind, meek, fierce, etc.)
- What is a characteristic of Jesus that is most surprising to you?
- If you stood in Jesus’ office today what would He say about the way you are living your life?
- Where do you need to get more serious in following Jesus?
Pray it Out
Thank you for coming to the Earth to defeat death and to give me life! Help me to see you in all of your power and mightiness, you are so good! Amen.
- “I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave.” Revelations 1:17b-18
- “‘Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him.” Matthew 4:10
- “‘No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money.”’ Matthew 6:24
- “‘Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.”’ Matthew 7:21
- “They began screaming at him, “Why are you interfering with us, Son of God? Have you come here to torture us before God’s appointed time?”’ Matthew 8:29
- “‘Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.”’ Matthew 10:28
- “‘Just as the weeds are sorted out and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the world. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will remove from his Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in their Father’s Kingdom…'” Matthew 13:40-43
- “Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.” Matthew 16:18
- “‘Listen,” he said, “we’re going up to Jerusalem, where the Son of Man will be betrayed to the leading priests and the teachers of religious law. They will sentence him to die. 19 Then they will hand him over to the Romans to be mocked, flogged with a whip, and crucified. But on the third day he will be raised from the dead.”’ Matthew 20:18-19
- “‘But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit upon his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered in his presence, and he will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.” Matthew 25:31-32
- “Don’t you realize that I could ask my Father for thousands of angels to protect us, and he would send them instantly?” Matthew 26:53
- “Then the angel spoke to the women. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen.”’ Matthew 28:5