“What Would It Take”
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Am I going to actually listen with an open heart?
- What bias do I have against searching for truths of Jesus?
- What would it take for me to believe that Jesus rose from the dead?
Pray it Out
Jesus, please help me to be open to you and the truth that you have in store for me! Amen.
- “Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it. 2 It is this Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you—unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place. 3 I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. 4 He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said. 5 He was seen by Peter and then by the Twelve. 6 After that, he was seen by more than 500 of his followers at onetime, most of whom are still alive, though some have died. 7 Then he was seen by James and later by all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as though I had been born at the wrong time, I also saw him.” 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
- “The leading priests, the teachers of religious law, and the elders also mocked Jesus. 42 “He saved others,” they scoffed, “but he can’t save himself! So he is the King of Israel, is he? Let him come down from the cross right now and we will believe in him! 43 He trusted God, so let God rescue him now if he wants him! For he said, ‘I am the Son of God.’” Matthew 27:41-43
More Messages In This Series
Other Related Content
Based on: The Bible