What Happens When You Get To Heaven?
What happens one minute after you die? Check out this powerful message where Pastor John shows us that there’s more to heaven than just getting in!
March 8, 2020 | John Hill
One Minute After You Die
“What Happens When You get to Heaven?”
- “For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, [we will have] an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 4 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies. 4 Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit. 6 So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. 7 For we live by believing and not by seeing. 8 Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. 9 So whether we are here in this body or away from this body, our goal is to please him. 10 For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in this earthly body.” 2 Corinthians 5:1-10
- “And I saw a great white throne and the one sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. 12 I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books…15 And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.” Revelations 20:11-12, 15
- “I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.” Philippians 3:14
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Which point in today’s message spoke to you most clearly?
- Based on your actions, are you living like this life is home or the next life is home? Why?
- What areas of your life is it hardest to “press on with passion?”
- How can you “press on” with passion in that specific area this week?
Pray it Out
God, help me to remember that this life right now is just temporary. I desire to keep my focus on your great plan for me, thank you for desiring more for my life. Amen
More Sermons In This Series