The Windshield of Your Life
Have you ever found yourself so focused on your past that you’re missing what is to come? In this message, Zachary reveals 3 revolutionary things we can change in the New Year to appropriately focus on our future!
Sermon Discussion Questions
“The Windshield of Your Life”
- “I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, 11 so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead! 12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.” Philippians 3:10-14
- “For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. 12 He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.” Psalm 103:11-12
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- How do you spend the majority of your time? Looking to your past, present, or future?
- What does the “interior of your car” or your present circumstances, relationships, and mindset look like?
- What can you change this week to appropriately focus your attention on your future?
Pray it Out
Jesus, thank you for allowing me to radically change my life because of your grace! Please help me to enter 2021 with a focus on your future and eternity, amen.