“The True Meaning of Christmas”
- “In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He existed in the beginning with God. 3 God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. 4 The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.” John 1:1-5
- “So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.” John 1:14
- “But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” John 20:31
- “I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.” 1 John 5:13
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- How have you mistaken the true meaning of Christmas?
- How does Jesus’s whole life change your perspective on his promise at Christmas?
- What can you do to live differently this week?
Pray it Out
God, thank you for sending Jesus to this world, but thank you for his life and his sacrifice for me. Help me to remember what to live for this week, amen.
More Sermons In This Series
Other Related Content
Based on: The Bible