“Tension at the Table”
- “Timothy, guard what God has entrusted to you. Avoid godless, foolish discussions with those who oppose you with their so-called knowledge. 21 Some people have wandered from the faith by following such foolishness.” 1 Timothy 6:20-21
- “Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.” Romans 8:5
- “God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.” Ephesians 2:8-9
- “We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.” 2 Corinthians 5:20b-21
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Do you see the evidence of progressive Christianity in your life?
- What is tempting about believing the lies of progressive Christianity?
- How can you change the way you live to match the truths of God’s word?
Pray it Out
God, thank you for your unfailing faithfulness even when I fail. Help me to live according to your truths and to overcome the lies I encounter. You are so good, amen.
More Messages In This Series