Sermon Discussion Questions
The Cost of Greatness
- “38 He told them, “My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” 39 He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.’” Matthew 26: 38-39
- “7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.’” 2 Corinthians 9:7
- “21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.” Matthew 6:21
- “23 What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.” Matthew 23:23
- “9 The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.” 2 Chronicles 16:9a
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- What greatness is God calling you too?
Pray It Out
God, thank you for allowing me to hear this message! Please help me to do the great things that you are calling me to with valor, courage, and sacrifice. You are so good and give me so much, please help me to be generous with my gifts to forward Your Kingdom and to follow your example of greatness. Amen.