Sermon Discussion Questions
What Really Matters
Christmas is Coming
- “As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” Luke 10:38-40 NLT
- “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41-42 NIV
- “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
- “But don’t begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first calculating the cost to see if there is enough money to finish it?” Luke 14:28
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- What order are you putting the rocks into the container of your time?
- What kind of rock do you have the most difficulty fitting?
- Practically, what can you change this week to make things fit?
- What’s one thing do you need to get rid of…
- To make room for what matters?
Pray it Out
Dear Jesus, please help me to prioritize what mattes and to put you first! Thank you for the joy that you bring and for your sacrifice coming to earth. Amen.