Sermon Discussion Questions
“Science Is Not God”
- ““I, Nebuchadnezzar, was living in my palace in comfort and prosperity. 5 But one night I had a dream that frightened me; I saw visions that terrified me as I lay in my bed. 6 So I issued an order calling in all the wise men of Babylon, so they could tell me what my dream meant.” Daniel 4:4-6
- “That tree, Your Majesty, is you. For you have grown strong and great; your greatness reaches up to heaven, and your rule to the ends of the earth. 23 “‘Then you saw a messenger, a holy one, coming down from heaven and saying, “Cut down the tree and destroy it….”’ Daniel 4:22-23
- ““King Nebuchadnezzar, please accept my advice. Stop sinning and do what is right. Break from your wicked past and be merciful to the poor. Perhaps then you will continue to prosper.” 28 But all these things did happen to King Nebuchadnezzar. 29 Twelve months later he was taking a walk on the flat roof of the royal palace in Babylon. 30 As he looked out across the city, he said, “Look at this great city of Babylon! By my own mighty power, I have built this beautiful city as my royal residence to display my majestic splendor.” 31 While these words were still in his mouth, a voice called down from heaven, ‘O King Nebuchadnezzar, this message is for you! You are no longer ruler of this kingdom. 32 You will be driven from human society. You will live in the fields with the wild animals, and you will eat grass like a cow.”‘ Daniel 4:27-32
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Is science the ultimate authority in your life or is God?
- Do you believe all people are created in the image of God?
- Will we choose compassion and mercy?
Pray it Out
God, give me compassion and spirit of mercy for those that I disagree with. Let me honor you and to give you all of my praise and worship! Amen.