What if it was about more than just being nice? In this message, Pastor John explains how Christians can rise up and fight back against the lies of the enemy instead of just trying to ignore them!
February 7, 2021 | John Hill
Current Events | Fatherhood | Leadership | Motherhood | Politics | Relationships
Hindsight is 2020
- “Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith.” 1 Peter 5:8-9a
- “So they called the apostles back in and commanded them never again to speak or teach in the name of Jesus. 19 But Peter and John replied, “Do you think God wants us to obey you rather than him? 20 We cannot stop telling about everything we have seen and heard.”’ Acts 4:18-20
- “Dear friends, I had been eagerly planning to write to you about the salvation we all share. But now I find that I must write about something else, urging you to defend the faith that God has entrusted once for all time to his holy people. 4 I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.” Jude 3-4
- “I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News 7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ. Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.” Galatians 1:6-9
- “Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.” Romans 12:21
- “Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over…”‘ Genesis 1:26
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Would you define your faith as courageous and informed? What steps can you take this week to grow?
- In what ways do you tend to listen to the “11th Commandment” that says be nice?
- How can you take dominion over your life and the roles and position you have been given?
Pray it Out
God, help me to confront the issues that I face with a biblical and loving perspective. Help me to rise up against the enemy in spite of my fears and shortcomings, amen.
More Sermons In This Series
Other Related Content
Based on: Current Events | Fatherhood | Leadership | Motherhood | Politics | Relationships