Are you tired of relationships that don’t last? In this relationship message, Pastor John gives us two steps to building meaningful relationships!
1. Do you have “house friends” or tent relationships? What can you do to change that?
2. Do you bring a covenant mentality to the relationships that matter most? How do you do well at that? How do you fail?
3. Write a letter to yourself saying who you want to be in 1, 5, and even 50 years from now.
May 3, 2020 | Pastor John Hill
How to Relationship
- “After that, he was seen by more than 500 of his followers at one time, most of whom are still alive, …” 1 Corinthians 15:6
- “The Lord now chose seventy-two other disciples and sent them ahead in pairs to all the towns and places he planned to visit.” Luke 10:1
- “One day soon afterward Jesus went up on a mountain to pray, and he prayed to God all night. 13 At daybreak he called together all of his disciples and chose twelve of them to be apostles.” Luke 6:12-13
- “About eight days later Jesus took Peter, John, and James up on a mountain to pray. 29 And as he was praying, the appearance of his face was transformed, and his clothes became dazzling white.” Luke 9:28-29
- “Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Do you have “house friends” or tent relationships? What can you do to change that?
- Do you bring a covenant mentality to the relationships that matter most? How do you do well at that? How do you fail?
- Write a letter to yourself saying who you want to be in 1, 5, and even 50 years from now.
Pray it Out
God, please give me determination, courage, and vision for the relationships and people in my life! Thank You for always setting a precedent for my life and for giving me Your vision! Amen.