Live it Out
“Is My Faith Real?”
- “As Pharaoh approached, the people of Israel looked up and panicked when they saw the Egyptians overtaking them. They cried out to the LORD, 11 and they said to Moses, “Why did you bring us out here to die in the wilderness? Weren’t there enough graves for us in Egypt? What have you done to us? Why did you make us leave Egypt? 12 Didn’t we tell you this would happen while we were still in Egypt? We said, ‘Leave us alone! Let us be slaves to the Egyptians. It’s better to be a slave in Egypt than a corpse in the wilderness!’”’ Exodus 14:10-12
- “I will sing to the LORD, for he has triumphed gloriously; he has hurled both horse and rider into the sea. 2 The LORD is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him—my father’s God, and I will exalt him! 3 The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is his name!” Exodus 15:1-3
- “They arrived there on the fifteenth day of the second month, one month after leaving the land of Egypt. 2 There, too, the whole community of Israel complained about Moses and Aaron 3 “If only the LORD had killed us back in Egypt,” they moaned. “There we sat around pots filled with meat and ate all the bread we wanted. But now you have brought us into this wilderness to starve us all to death.”’ Exodus 16:1b-3
- “Exactly two months after the Israelites left Egypt, they arrived in the wilderness of Sinai.” Exodus 19:1
- “When the people saw how long it was taking Moses to come back down the mountain, they gathered around Aaron. “Come on,” they said, “make us some gods who can lead us. We don’t know what happened to this fellow Moses who brought us here from the land of Egypt.” So Aaron said, “Take the gold rings from the ears of your wives and sons and daughters, and bring them to me.” … 4 Then Aaron took the gold, melted it down, and molded it into the shape of a calf. When the people saw it, they exclaimed, “O Israel, these are the gods who brought you out of the land of Egypt!”… 6 The people got up early the next morning to sacrifice burnt offerings and peace offerings. After this, they celebrated with feasting and drinking, and they indulged in pagan revelry.” Exodus 32: 2, 4, 6
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Is your faith in God separated from your relationship with God?
- What does it look like to for the love of God?
Pray it Out
God, please let me continue to grow in my relationship with you! I want to fight for you God, help me to fight for you, amen!