Hindsight is 2020
“Gaslighting the Gospel”
- “Some people may contradict our teaching, but these are the wholesome teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. These teachings promote a godly life. 4 Anyone who teaches something different is arrogant and lacks understanding. Such a person has an unhealthy desire to quibble over the meaning of words. This stirs up arguments ending in jealousy, division, slander, and evil suspicions. 5 These people always cause trouble. Their minds are corrupt, and they have turned their backs on the truth. To them, a show of godliness is just a way to become wealthy.” Timothy 6:3-5
- “God’s way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection. 32 For who is God except the Lord? Who but our God is a solid rock?” 2 Samuel 22:31-32
- “These people always cause trouble. Their minds are corrupt, and they have turned their backs on the truth. To them, a show of godliness is just a way to become wealthy.” 1 Timothy 6:5
- “Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”’ John 14:6
- “For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.” Romans 3:23
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- Why is it tempting to want to change what the Bible says?
- How can you prepare your heart and your mind to cling to truth?
- What is one way this week that you can seek to honor God’s truth in your life?
Pray it Out
Jesus, thank you for your sacrifice and for giving us the Bible to live by! Help me to seek truth and to fight for it in my life each day, amen.
More Messages In This Series