Hindsight is 2020
“Five Things You Should Know”
- “Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” Proverbs 13:20
- “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. 26 But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. 27 When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.” Matthew 7:24-27
- “Not everyone who calls out to me, “Lord! Lord!” will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.” Matthew 7:21
- “This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all.” 1 Timothy 1:15
- “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law— justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.” Matthew 23:23
- “Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me.”’ Matthew 16:24
- ”For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Corinthians 15:56-57
- “Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”‘ Matthew 11:28
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- How can you choose compassion this week instead of condemnation?
- What is one aspect of Christianity that gives you hope? How do you choose to be hopeful even when you feel fearful or are suffering?
- Based on the path you are on, where will you go? Are your intentions the same as your actions and direction?
Pray it Out
God, please allow me to act in a way that honors my future. Give me the ability to learn from others and to use the wisdom from the Bible to pursue a life that glorifies you, amen!
More Sermons In This Series