“Do It Afraid”
- “Then Jesus got into the boat and started across the lake with his disciples. 24 Suddenly, a fierce storm struck the lake, with waves breaking into the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!” 26 Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!” Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm.” Matthew 8:23-26
- “The disciples were absolutely terrified. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “Even the wind and waves obey him!”’ Mark 4:41
- ““Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.”’ Matthew 10:28
- “Immediately after this, Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and cross to the other side of the lake, while he sent the people home.” Matthew 14:22
- “About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried out, “It’s a ghost!” 27 But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!”’ Matthew 14:25-27
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- What is one major opportunity you have missed because of fear?
- What one area of your life causes the biggest limbic fear response?
- What is one thing God is calling you to do afraid
- How can you do it this week?
Pray it Out
Jesus, thank you for giving me the tools to learn how to do it afraid! You are the one to fear, you give me the power to be unafraid– thank you! Amen.