Comfort can be found everywhere, but it’s not all that meets the eye. In this message, Pastor John describes 3 common lies about comfort, and gives us the truth found in the Bible!
Sermon Discussion Questions
- “And all nations will hate you because you are my followers. But everyone who endures to the end will be saved.” Matthew 10:22
- “Then you will be arrested, persecuted, and killed. You will be hated all over the world because you are my followers.” Matthew 24:9
- “Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.” 2 Timothy 3:12
- “So don’t be surprised, dear brothers and sisters, if the world hates you.” 1 John 3:13
- “Of course, your former friends are surprised when you no longer plunge into the flood of wild and destructive things they do. So they slander you.”1 Peter 4:4
- “The apostles left the high council rejoicing that God had counted them worthy to suffer disgrace for the name of Jesus.” Acts 5:41
- “Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me.”’ Matthew 16:24
- “And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed—all because you have obeyed me.” Genesis 22:18
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- What has your quest for comfort caused you to miss out on in life?
- Where in your life are you pursuing comfort over growth?
- Where is God calling you to grow by abandoning comfort?
- Where in your life are you believing comfort lies, and how can you renew your mind this week?
Pray it Out
God, give me the wisdom to know the truth, courage to live it out, and steadfastness to be willing to overcome discomfort! Help me to understand the blessing that it is to suffer for you, amen!
More Sermons In This Series