Father’s Day 2021: You’re the ManYou’re the Man | Father’s Day 2021
June 20, 2021 // John Hill
This powerful Father’s Day message is not just for men, it’s for everyone who has a man in their life too! Pastor John reveals some hard truths about what society says about men and what God really says. Check out this encouraging message!
“You’re the Man”
Reflect on What You’ve Heard
- What statistic did you find most surprising about men in the sermon?
- What lie about men have you bought into the most? How has it effected your closest relationships?
- What does it mean for a man to lead his family? How should this play out in our day-to-day?
- What challenge do you need to walk away with today?
- Get your families to church
- Read your bible Teach your children the truth about gender and God’s plan
- Let your kids see you be spiritual leader
- Speak more positively
- Be more encouraging
- Treat your man better than your children
Pray it Out
Dear God, I pray that you will help me encourage the men in my life to be strong leaders. Please help me remember that God chose the men in my life to be leaders. I ask for forgiveness for any time that I may have dismissed or discouraged the father figures in my life. Amen.
- “For Abraham will certainly become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth will be blessed through him 19 I have singled him out so that he will direct his sons and their families to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just.” Genesis 18:18-19
- ““Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the LORD your God is giving you.” Exodus 20:12
- “Abraham introduced his wife, Sarah, by saying, “She is my sister.” So King Abimelech of Gerar sent for Sarah and had her brought to him at his palace….11 Abraham replied, “I thought, ‘This is a godless place. They will want my wife and will kill me to get her.’” Genesis 20:2, 11
- “When the men who lived there asked Isaac about his wife, Rebekah, he said, “She is my sister.” He was afraid to say, “She is my wife.” He thought, “They will kill me to get her, because she is so beautiful.” 8 But some time later, Abimelech, king of the Philistines…” Genesis 26:7-8